Fit-N-Trim classes are held at either our climate-controlled indoor facility at 108 Newburyport Turnpike, or at our outdoor ring or covered arena at 103 Haverhill Street. For all agility classes other than Beginner 1, please contact Karen to ensure that you and your dog are placed at the correct level. All agility classes except Beginner Agility 1 continue in six week blocks. Your instructor will let you know when a new six week session begins so you will know when payment is due.
Sunday, January 8
BEGINNER AGILITY 1
Beginner Agility class is a foundation class. You will learn foundation skills needed to become a successful team. Some basic obstacles are introduced as well as training obstacles such as the ladder and wobble board. We introduce handling skills such as the front crosses on the flat.
- Class Sessions: 1 hour/week for 6 weeks. | Cost: $185
- Prerequisite: Obility, Intermediate Manners, Puppy 2 or Come When Called.
Dogs must be 10 months and up for Beginner Agility
- Dogs must be friendly to attend group classes.
PUPPY / YOUNG DOGS
Foundation Agility for puppies/young dogs. This class builds a strong agility foundation for body awareness, relationship skills, loving to work in distracting environment; all with toys, food, and praise. You will learn how to introduce age appropriate obstacles and build drive, obstacle and handler focus through fun games. We then continue to very short sequences to build on our own handler skills and incorporate more motion. With a strong foundation, the rest comes easy!!
- For dogs aged 3-18 months | Cost: $170
- This class is offered periodically throughout the year. If you are interested, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
INTERMEDIATE / ADVANCED AGILITY
More difficult handling skills such as directionals and reverse flow pivots are introduced. Front and rear crosses are refined. We also introduce obstacle discrimination.
- Intermediate/Advanced class meets one hour per week for six weeks. | Cost: $150
- *ONGOING CLASSES: Call or email Karen to inquire about joining this class.
ADVANCED & COMPETITION AGILITY
Fit-n-Trim offers on-going Advanced and Competition classes. If you are interested in joining one or want more information, please contact Karen at email@example.com to find out the times and dates currently available.