Fit-N-Trim classes are held at either our climate-controlled indoor facility at 108 Newburyport Turnpike, or at our outdoor ring or covered arena at 103 Haverhill Street. For all agility classes other than Beginner 1, please contact Karen to ensure that you and your dog are placed at the correct level. All agility classes except Beginner Agility 1 continue in six week blocks. Your instructor will let you know when a new six week session begins so you will know when payment is due.
CONTROL UNLEASHED for AGILITY DOGS
This Control Unleashed class is geared towards agility dogs specifically and will be held in the agility arena. This is a class for exuberant, mildly reactive, or easily aroused/overstimulated dogs to help them learn to relax, focus, and engage with their handlers in new exciting, and/or stressful environments
This is an agility dog specific class: dogs should be in beginner agility 2 and up to sign up.
|Saturday||6:00 PM||May 21||Register||103 Haverhill Street|
- Class size: 6 dogs | Cost: $225
Want to try Agility? This class will introduce you to most of the agility obstacles.
Class Focus: Having fun with your dog and learning the obstacles. There will be very little handling or off leash running. If you want to have fun and provide an exciting learning environment for you and your dog, this is the place to start. This class will also improve your dog’s strength and body awareness as they learn how to correctly perform some basic agility obstacles.
Obstacles that will be used: Low Jumps, Table, Tunnel, PVC Ladder, Planks, Barrel, A-Frame, Dog Walk, Tire and Poles.
|Sunday||1:30 PM||June 5||Register||103 Haverhill Street|
- Agility Appetizer meets 1 hour for six weeks | Cost: $180 | Class size: 7 dogs.
- Dress warmly: this class meets in our unheated agility arena.
- This class is for dogs aged 10 months or older
- Prerequisite Classes: Puppy Kindergarten, Basic Manners, or any 6 week Obedience class.
- Dogs must be friendly for group classes.
BEGINNER AGILITY 1
Beginner Agility class is a foundation class. You will learn foundation skills needed to become a successful team. Some basic obstacles are introduced as well as training obstacles such as the ladder and wobble board. We introduce handling skills such as the front crosses on the flat.
|Sunday||10:00 AM||June 5||Full||103 Haverhill St.|
|Sunday||11:00 AM||June 5||Register||103 Haverhill St.|
- Dogs MUST BE 10 MONTHS and up for Beginner Agility
- Beginner class meets one hour per week for six weeks. | Cost: $170
- Prerequisite: Obility class, Intermediate Manners class, Puppy 2 class or Come When Called class.
- Dogs MUST be friendly to attend group classes.
BEGINNER AGILITY 2
Dogs and handlers learn to perform obstacles in sequence and continue working on their foundation skills. This class is held outdoors weather permitting or in our indoor covered arena (unheated).
|Sunday||11:00 AM||June 5||Register||103 Haverhill Street|
- Beginner 2 class meets one hour per week for six weeks | Cost: $180
PUPPY / YOUNG DOGS
Foundation Agility for puppies/young dogs. This class builds a strong agility foundation for body awareness, relationship skills, loving to work in distracting environment; all with toys, food, and praise. You will learn how to introduce age appropriate obstacles and build drive, obstacle and handler focus through fun games. We then continue to very short sequences to build on our own handler skills and incorporate more motion. With a strong foundation, the rest comes easy!!
|TBA||TBA||TBA||TBA||103 Haverhill St.|
- For dogs aged 3-18 months | Cost: $170
- This class is offered periodically throughout the year. If you are interested, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dogs and handlers continue to sequence and work on individual obstacle performance. At this time we introduce handling skills such as rear crosses, front crosses and directionals.
|Tuesday||7:30 PM||TBA||103 Haverhill Street|
- Intermediate Agility meets 1 hour per week for six weeks | Cost: $150
INTERMEDIATE / ADVANCED AGILITY
More difficult handling skills such as directionals and reverse flow pivots are introduced. Front and rear crosses are refined. We also introduce obstacle discrimination.
|Monday||10:00 AM||Ongoing*||Ongoing*||103 Haverhill Street|
|Wednesday||9:00 AM||Ongoing*||Ongoing*||103 Haverhill Street|
|Thursday||6:00 PM||Ongoing*||Ongoing*||103 Haverhill Street|
|Thursday||7:00 PM||Ongoing*||Ongoing*||103 Haverhill Street|
|Sunday||9:00 AM||Ongoing*||Ongoing*||103 Haverhill Street|
- Intermediate/Advanced class meets one hour per week for six weeks. | Cost: $150
- *ONGOING CLASSES: Call or email Karen to inquire about joining this class.
ADVANCED & COMPETITION AGILITY
Fit-n-Trim offers on-going Advanced and Competition classes. If you are interested in joining one or want more information, please contact Karen at email@example.com to find out the times and dates currently available.