LATERAL PUSHES, REAR CROSSES and how JUMP COMMITMENT is critical to both
Do you want another technique to get ahead of your dog, especially at the start line?
Does your dog not understand the rear cross, and either turns the wrong way or doesn’t take the jump?
Do you know how to tell if your dog is committed to an obstacle, or how to teach jump commitment?
Your instructor, Kris Thober, will show you:
- How to train jump commitment, and why you need it for lateral pushes and rear crosses
- What is a lateral push, how is it useful and how to teach it
- How to work on your rear crosses, both over obstacles and on the flat
- How you can practice at home, using just one jump
|Sunday||1:00-3:00 PM||November 5||
|103 Haverhill Street|
Equipment used: Jumps & Tunnels (no Contacts or Weave Poles)
BEGINNER DISTANCE SKILLS
Have a rocket ship for a dog? Need distance for Gambles, Jackpot and Fast classes? Your knees aren’t quite what they used to be? No matter what venue you play in, having good distance skills can help you succeed.
This 2 hour seminar with instructor Karen Gorman will present the basic skills needed for distance:
- correct placement of reinforcement
- confidence to move away
- commands to use and practice
- forward focus
- where to start, then where to progress to
- how to incorporate practice into your current class